Michael J. Quinn, PhD, Dean
Jean Jacoby, PhD, Associate Dean
Mara Rempe, PhD, Associate Dean
The objective of the MSE program is to provide software development professionals with a sound educational basis for their work, and the opportunity to broaden and hone their software development skills.
Applications for the Master of Software Engineering program are considered for every quarter. All application materials should be sent to Graduate Admissions by the stated deadline for that quarter. Late applicants can only be considered as non-matriculating students and on a space available basis. The following documents are required for consideration:
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission and non-refundable application fee (waived for Seattle University alumni)
- Evidence of four-year equivalent bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 calculated from official transcripts of all post-secondary educational institutions attended in the last 90 quarter/60 semester credits of your bachelor’s degree, including any transfer credits earned during this time, and any post-baccalaureate course work
- Résumé reflecting two years of experience in software development or maintenance
- Completed Master of Software Engineering Applicant Information form noting working knowledge of at least one programming language, such as C++, Java or C#
- Professional autobiography
- Two professional recommendations using MSE recommendation forms
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test results from within the past five years. The Subject Test in Computer Science is optional.
- If English is not the applicant’s native language, official English proficiency scores meeting the university’s entrance requirements are necessary. See policy 2008-01 in Admissions Policies for details.